Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: S2 Skyrocket - external party echoes

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

S2 Skyrocket - external party echoes

Hello all,

Anyone, from any network who calls me receives a pretty bad echo on their side. I've never heard an echo from my side of the phone.

I've tried:
    - All networks , including land lines.
    - Taking off my case: when I take off the case I'm told that the echo is a lot less prevalent to them, but that it is still there, though others claim it to be completely gone.
    - Enabling noise suppression in the "phone" settings.

Does anyone have any ideas? That fact that taking off my case REDUCES the echo makes it even more complicated, because the echo is still there. I've even tried holding it with just the tip of my fingers to make sure I'm not blocking anything.
    Last edited by GoblinShark; 12-05-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    robk likes this.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    We now have a section just for the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket! This question has been moved.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Checking in with a requests for updates and a bump. I'm still experiencing the issue.

Has anyone with similar issues found a remedy for it?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had this problem as well. I think it's a design flaw, seeing as how the speakerphone speaker is directly above the microphone hole on the same side.I will go to the store today and test out some of the other skyrockets. But even though I otherwise love this phone, probably going to have to pick something else since a working speakerphone is a basic necessity.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Were you able to get this problem fixed? I was checking out the skyrocket over the weekend and very impressed with it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Had the same problem. Was getting rather annoyed with an otherwise flawless phone. Just found this forum and decided to try try enabling noise suppression. Problem seems to have gone away. I had considered my otterbox cover a culprit but did not even have to remove it. Noise suppression can be found in the additional settings under call settings.
    Last edited by robk; 12-26-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times
    There was actually a person a few days ago having that same problem.on the fascinate......turns out. It was because there otterbox case.
    Rescue Squad
    Feel free to pm, with any questions or concerns
    Gtalk available upon request

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb

Bought my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket back in Dec 26. Been experiencing the same issues. Took it to AT&T store where I bought it because I thought it could have been a service issue even though I have been with AT&T for years and used an iPhone 3GS with them for 2.5 years. They troubleshooted the service and nothing was found. Decided to replace the phone with another Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. Problem seemed to be fixed. Left store. But as soon as I was on the road, my wife said that the echo was still there. Came back later. Retrieved my old phone, but replaced the SIM card. Problem seemed to be fixed. Fast forward to today and at lunch, my wife said the same echo issue was still there. Check a bunch of forums today and saw that this is a pretty prevalent issue. Notice people referring to the case as being a culprit. Tried with and without the case, no echo when case is off. I also saw people talking about the Otterbox. I too have the Otterbox. So perhaps, the problem isn't with the phone...but with the Otterbox case. Has anyone had a similar problem but with a different case from a different manufacturer? Or does everyone here have an Otterbox?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I now use a silicone case and haven't had any issues at all.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I puchased a Skyrocket only a week ago and love the phone, but have had the complaint of an echo from two different people within a week of purchasing my phone. This never happened with my other phone. I am using the Diztronic High Gloss Black Flexible TPU Case. Will try enabling noise suppression. If that doesn't work, will try a different case. If anyone has a specific case recommendations, I'd be interested to hear what case works successfully.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads