Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Skyrocket dropping calls and going into mute.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Hi there MJM - welcome to Galaxy Forums! We are *delighted* that you chose to join our forum and hope you find everything that you're looking for. I'm afraid I can't really help you with your question, as I'm not a tech person. However, we have an excellent group of guys called the Rescue Squad and they DO have the answers, so hang on awhile and one will swing by and give you a hand.

Welcome aboard buddy - you're with friends now!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    My wife has this issue with her iPhone. The proximity sensors acts up and she toggles the mute button with her face.

mjm
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Mike for the welcome.
    I did return my skyrocket today for another one hoping the dropped calls and going into mute is a rare glitch. In the AT&T parking lot, dropped call! And later this evening it went into mute. Now I am wondering if there is a way on the touch screen that I may be doing this while I am on the phone? Does anyone know if possibly I could be hitting something on the screen during a call that would cause this to happen? Thanks, MJM

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    having simialar call quality issues. Had the skyrocket for about 3 weeks and have had several cases where call quality was very poor or dropped. Didn't drop the call, but the quality was poor and difficult to hold a conversation. Other party said I sounded like I was under water and broke up a lot.

No case, just the phone it's self.
    Also, battery life is terrible, no way can I make it through a day of steady calls. I turn off all non essential functions (wifi, GPS, etc. and apps.)

Read a thread earlier about turning on noise supression. Will try that, but doubt it will help with call quality.

Had the Samsung Galaxy S before and didn't have these issues in the same area. No LTE in my area.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    MikeySmikey
    I personally can't say I've experienced any call quality issues but did notice significant battery drain when I first got the phone. I'm not sure what baseband you're on but mine was KK1 (or something like that) so I flashed the pulled UCLA3 modem/baseband and noticed better battery life and faster data speeds immediately. I also flashed a custom kernel which improved battery life as well. The big problem with the SR stock kernel is that it doesn't go into deep sleep like it should, so maybe a kernel flash is just what you need. I can post links if anyone would like, or I have a ROM that I developed that would be more of an all-in-one fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Has anyone had the dropped call/microphone mute issues resolved?
    I have this problem with my phone refurb upgrade through at&t. Have been back and forth with customer and handset technical support for a month! My phone is Samsung-SGH-I727 android version 2.3.6 Baseband version I727UCLA3 Kernal Version 2.6.35.11 Build number GINGERBREAD.UCLA3
    Responses/steps taken: Degrading cell towers, reassigning tower, upgrade in software, 4 degrading towers!, factory reset, new sim card
    All with no success in resolving call issues. LTE is just out of reach from my area, dropped calls can be in or outgoing, anywhere. Often when the call is dropped the phone will have switched to a random screen.
    Sad thing is that up to this point have been a happy at&t customer with 5 line family plan, none of the other phones have this issue. I am in MA, brother on our plan but in TX got same phone new around same time with no call issues, although he uses his very little for calls. Also, the microphone issue did not seem apparent until after I had the phone "Registered" to a new tower, about three weeks after owning the phone. Dropped calls were not such an issue in the first few weeks, most seemed to be between my phone and spouses Iphone at that time. From the previous posts, it looks like getting a replacement skyrocket phone will not be the solution. Please Help!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    It is of my opinion that I think the dropping calls part may be based on where you live.

Here is how I came to this conclusion:

The day I got my Skyrocket, I loaded a custom ROM. I do not know what radio I was running at the time.

Here is what I am running currently: (A custom ROM of coarse)

Android Version: 4.0.3
    Baseband Version: I727UCALC4
    Kernel Version: 3.0.8-perf-I727UCALC4-CL240689 se.infra@SEP-97
    Build Number: Superlite-5.1

I have tried a few ROMs using UCALC2, and none of them did well for me. Specifically, I believe it was related to that radio. I always dropped service, even after default and various APN configurations. Currently, I have the default APN information configured, which appears to only apply to internet +mms.

I am thinking it is a radio/region issue but have not personally done enough research to confirm this. I live in KY, and AT&T has the best service in terms of up-time and coverage. T-Mobile comes in second. However, as far as I know, to test these results, you have to unlock the bootloader and load a custom recovery so you can flash different radios.

However, if you have something you want me to try, I would be more than willing to do so for the purpose of testing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads