Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ATT LTE - Indianapolis, IN

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    His twitching would've been recorded as seismic activity.

Tap'd on my GNex
    Ollie and WERA689 like this.

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    On a serious note though, while those speeds are impressive remember that almost no one is using ATT's LTE network. When the load Increases the speeds will drop. Also the proximity to a tower also has an effect on speed. The further away you are the slower the speeds tend to be. Although the is rejected by the quality of the radio in the phone.
    While I don't disagree, I am under the impression that the LTE standard (even as upgrade to the current 3G standard) is supposed to show a large improvement on how the radio in the phone interacts with the radio at the base of the tower. I might need to do more reading on that, but I thought it handled cell site congestion better. I could be wrong.

Chicago's LTE network for AT&T is terrible in regards to speed, but seemed to work fine on the browsing side. I didn't have an issue browsing for anything at all. I just couldn't get more than 3Mbps to the phone, which was disappointing, but I am aware that there are many factors other than population that play in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Absolutely. Once the LTE infrastructures are more robust, 3G phones go to the wayside, and everyone is clogging up the LTE networkd then people will be clamoring for 5G (which is in the works). My biggest issue with LTE is battery life vs usabikity.
    LTE-Advanced (True 4G service, all IP Switched network for voice and data, no circuit switched equipment as far as I know and carrier aggregation) hasn't even come close to being deployed yet. I am going based on what I have read and my rather novice understanding of the standard itself.

I do agree though, that 3G browsing is more than enough. I don't see myself in the immediate future relying on my phone for my data needs unless I am away from my desktop and I don't feel like unpacking my laptop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads