Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: [ROM]Sky ICS

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times

[ROM]Sky ICS

Some wonderful things have been happening in the world of the Skyrocket since the ICS leak has made its way in to the hands of developers. I have read through a few of the ROMs currently out there now, and decided to try this one.

I am just finishing up loading all of my apps on to my phone. A lot of them I had to download again, which is OK with me.
    **NOTE: Backing up from APPS and DATA would not be recommended if you intend to upgrade from GB to ICS! Just backup the APK, minus the data. And make sure you don't backup system APKs, just APPS that you have downloaded from the Play Store or Amazon App Store etc.**

Here is the link over to XDA. If you are planning to do this, follow the instructions very carefully!! Make sure you follow each step properly. If you have questions, just ask. I am working with it right now, but the install was fairly straightforward.

I chose this ROM because I have used the DEVs GB ROM and I liked it. More to come on this one soon!

Be warned! This is for the Skyrocket ONLY!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So how is this going for you? Any updates? I just got a skyrocket and want to try ics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    Sorry for the late response. I actually enjoyed it. The main reason I even flashed a custom ROM was just to try it out. I came from a Motorola Atrix and as much as I love the phone, I just wanted a change.

The main issue I have with the Skyrocket is that the source has not been leaked (as far as I know, since I got my Nexus, my Rocket has been crying itself to sleep in a corner) and thus does not have a wide variety of AOSP ROMs.

However, I actually moved to SuperLite 5.1 before I made the switch to the Nexus (trust you me, if I am traveling to an area where I know there will be LTE, I will be taking the Rocket, just for the sake of killing my battery with LTE use) because it seemed like all of the other ROMs were sucking the life out of my battery. However, with this ROM I actually had decent battery life with moderate usage in a given day. So I stuck with it. I have not really flashed anything else to it, but since I have my Nexus where I want it for daily use, I can now devote some time to playing with the Rocket without risk of killing my daily driver.

Remove Ads

Ads