Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Can someone please show me the ropes!

I went to root last night and ended up soft bricked. Just got the att galaxy s 2 yesterday . Never had a Samsung before and bricked the darn thing. Ok that sucked.. And now nothing on my phone is the same. After running the odin recovery it must have changes my kernel. I was on 2.3.5 now im on 3.0.8 and i dislike it very much. Ok now that I have the hang of this new Samsung thing. And of coarse I had to take the crash coarse. Can someone please tell me the root file i will need to root this phone. I really wanted to keep it as factory as possible with just the root . Now its so diff. If someone could help me get this galaxy s2 by att all dialed in I would greatly appreciate it!! If this helps PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I727 Its the sky rocket. I want it back to the way it was right out of the box just rooted. Ok, Please help !! I have always had HTC so this is all new. Seems easy but I guess the right file makes a butt load of difference. I went from HTC to an Iphone just to see what everyone is ranting and raving about. Iphones are super junk. It takes so long to get from Point A to Z, So I sold two iphones yesterday and bought this. So nice. But now Im frustrated and Hope I can get it back to the way it was. I guess Im just in need of two files. A root file and the best rom file out there. I want everything to work. internet, Gps, Picture text. Everything . Please help me.! Thanx.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 07-14-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Removed personal email address from post.

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Hello Thor! So are you interested in going back to GingerBread or moving to ICS? Both can be rooted and kept stock.

As far as roms are concerned, the best rom available is relative to each individual that mods their phone. What is great for one person is not necessarily so for the next.

A little research concerning roms and what they bring to the table should narrow it down for you.

Just make double sure that the roms, kernels, and root methods are for your version of the S2. There are many variants so be careful!

Once you are rooted and running CWM as your replacement recovery system you can easily backup complete system images of your phone which, in turn, allows you to experiment with multiple roms. Don't like the latest rom that you flashed? Reboot into recovery and return to your last good Nandroid. It will take you back to exactly how everything was set up on that Nandroid.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Living dangerously, to me, is eating spaghetti with a white shirt on.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    can you point me in the right direction for the right roms for my phone. SGH-I727 att skyrocket. And also do you know where i can get the right root file needed to use with the odin prog? thanx so much for you r time .

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Are you running GingerBread or ICS right now?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Here is the development section for your phone. At the top of this section is a sticky that contains root info.

forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1383

The rest are roms.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    how do i tell witch I am running? its 3.0.8 i belive

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    That can't be! Android 3 is HoneyComb which is for tablets.

Look under Settings, About and then look at Android Version.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    [HOWTO][TAR] THE ODIN THREAD :: Return to stock, fix soft brick :: 11/13: Rogers TAR! - xda-developers

This should get you EVERYTHING you need to get back to STOCK! Give a me a few minutes and I will get a link to all the files you need. I have them on my computer, website and they are on XDA.

Make sure you grab the file for the I727, and not the Rogers file.

Also, you will have to do this, then you can get Root done. It is, in my opinion, much easier this way.
    Last edited by grenefroggie; 07-14-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone know the best way to root for my att galaxy s2 sky rocket SGH-I727, at this point I have android version 4.0.3. ??

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    How did you get to 4.0.3? Official update?
    How to use Odin!

Sam Mobile and Sam Mobile Firmwares (Select you type, OS, Model and Country/Carrier)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads